Can Federal Laws Tackle the Opioid Crisis?
On the final episode of Cerner’s four-part series on the opioid crisis, Meg Marshall, Cerner’s senior director of public policy, talks to Russ Branzell, CEO and president of the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME).
Russ answers these questions:
- What’s happening with federal health policy and drug laws aimed at the opioid crisis? What’s providing the most meaningful impact, and what’s missing?
- How can health care IT help providers stop opioid misuse while still ensuring that patients who need opioids to manage chronic pain can get appropriate care?
- How can the health care industry use IT and data to change provider behavior in prescribing opioids?
- What role does the health care IT industry play in driving meaningful opioid legislation?
- What’s the future of federal opioid legislation?
RETURN TO CHIME MEDIA